We prepare children for success beyond!
Our learning experiences are based on creative, productive sensory play experiences knowing that children are concrete thinkers and need to touch, hear, see, smell, taste and move in order to understand the world around them. We create activities that encourage children to learn through exploration and discovery.
Weekly themes provide the framework for these activities and theme-related projects foster a desire to learn more. In addition to being hands-on, we also make sure that our lessons are developmentally appropriate for the child.
Activities are geared toward the developmental age level as well as the individual children’s gifts, challenges, temperaments and learning styles.
Above all else we promote positive social and emotional development.
Based on the understanding of young children and their development, broad goals are set for each age group and then individual goals are set for each child. But in general our teachers strive to:
- Enhance children’s self-esteem, self sufficiency and feeling of self- worth.
- Encourage positive social interactions- sharing, communicating, cooperating and caring.
- Stimulate cognitive development. We challenge the mind and spark curiosity.
- Introduce a wide variety of activities to exercise both the large and small muscle of the body.
- Foster creativity in art, language, music and thinking. We are process not product-orientated. We value originality.
- Provide a language-rich environment. We expose children to the written and spoken word and in turn, encourage their writing and storytelling. Celebrate diversity and teach respect for the world around them.
- We use Spanish immersion in our everyday activities.
- Prepare children for success in Kindergarten and beyond.